There are four types of membership, including
1) Active Member
2) Student Member
3) Supporting Member
4) Overseas Member
· To be an Active Member, you must be a registered practitioner in good standing under the CTCMA (ctcma.bc.ca), You will be expected to abide by the Code of Ethics of CTCMA;
· To be a Student Member you must be a registered TCM and/or Acupuncture student whether in British Columbia , any other province of Canada or, outside of Canada. You will be expected to abide by the Code of Ethics of CTCMA (ctcma.bc.ca);
· To be a Supporting Member, it is NOT required to be an active registered health professional. You may wish to join because you have a strong interest in contributing and supporting the TCM and Acupuncture profession working towards the resolution of important health care issues. You will receive our quarterly Newsletter for the professional information, and you input will always be appreciated;
· To be an Overseas Member, you must be a good standing registered TCM practitioner or Acupuncturist practicing overseas, and comply with the Code of Ethics of CTCMA (ctcma.bc.ca).
Services to Membership
Some of the benefits we currently offer include:
· A Strong Leadership – The Board of Directors consists of members recognized and elected for their experience in serving and representing our Profession before Government bodies and public and private agencies and organizations. Some of our Directors have been serving for several years on the Board of our regulatory College, the CTCMA of BC.
· A United Voice – Our profession is experiencing a period of new development that requires a strong and united voice to ensure our prosperous future;
· A Continuing Education – We provide excellent quality peer reviewed continuing education lectures and workshops at a reasonable cost in order to assist membership in maintaining their good standing regulatory status and in updating and expanding their professional knowledge and skills;
· A Bi-Monthly Newsletter - Our Newsletter is free for the membership. It keeps you informed on important events in various communities as well as on regulatory, professional and technical updates as they occur in our Profession;
· A Website - We offer a state of the art professional website including a special membership webpage allowing links to members’ pages and websites in order to allow the Public to search for TCM practitioners and acupuncturists as well as their Clinics;
· A Members Directory - Every member receives a free copy of the Membership Directory. Additional copies can be purchased at cost.
How to Apply to Become a Member
· All applicants must complete and return the Membership Application Form, with a passport size photo. After review by the Personnel Committee, you will be informed on the status of your membership. Photo is not required for supporting membership applicants;
· You may apply directly online or download the Membership Application Form and mail to our office the completed form with a photocopy of your College’s license and the payment for the annual membership fee Cheque must be payable to QATCMA;
· If you apply directly online, please mail the annual membership due when you receive the confirmation from QATCMA office; and
· Upon the approval of the Board of Directors, a confirmation letter and the Certificate of Membership will be mailed to you accordingly.
Annual Membership Due
Annual membership fee is due to pay in December of each year.
1) Active Member
- $180 annually
2) Student Member $50
3) Supporting Member $50
4) Overseas Member $500 per 3 years
Click here to print the Membership Application Form
Click here to check QATCMA’s office mailing address